25, July 2014

how to learn python as graphical interface? - webmaster forum

Webdigity webmaster forums
[ Home | Help | Search | Forum's Shop | Archive | Login | Register | Webmaster Directory ]
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  Graphics & Multimedia (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: how to learn python as graphical interface?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online

Author Topic: how to learn python as graphical interface?  (Read 1162 times)
Atari ST fan
58 credits
Members referred : 0

« on: May 06, 2013, 09:06:41 am »

I am planning to learn python as a my UI. but first and foremost I don't have any idea about its syntax. can anyone have advice?
I will send you to /dev/null/
630 credits

« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2013, 10:00:21 am »

My vote goes for using the Glade Interface Designer with pyGTK (using gtk.Builder)... but I'm a GTK guy so my opinion is biased. Each toolkit has its pros and cons. As a beginner, you might want to just pick one and then once you gain some experience, pick another and compare for yourself to find the one that suits your particular needs. wxWidgets will do the trick too.
Google dot what?
12 credits

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2013, 09:37:12 pm »

i will give it a try
Cyberpunk Wannabe
276 credits

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2013, 11:33:53 am »

While this subject can be very touchy for most people, my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find. l
Cyberpunk Wannabe
276 credits

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2013, 11:34:18 am »

While this subject can be very touchThank you!
Cyberpunk Wannabe
276 credits

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2013, 11:41:58 am »

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Russian girls Either way keep up the nice quality writing, MEHNDI DESIGNSit?s rare to see a nice blog like this one these days
I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2013, 09:30:02 am »

Python provides various options for developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs). Most important are listed below:

Tkinter: Tkinter is the Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. We would look this option in this tutorial.

wxPython: This is an open-source Python interface for wxWindows http://wxpython.org.

JPython: JPython is a Python port for Java which gives Python scripts seamless access to Java class libraries on the local machine http://www.jython.org.

There are many other interfaces available which I'm not listing here. You can find them over the net.

I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2013, 10:18:05 am »

I have some knowledge about Human computer interaction and some basic knowledge programming scripts (Python) that run from start to finish and automate some tasks I want to do or calculations. In the past I built interfaces in HTML with PHP behind it.

I would like my python scripts to evolve from the command line and build some applications with GUIs that would allow the user to drag files and push buttons to initiate operations and check progress graphically.

Since I write my scripts in Python I looked at some of the options (Tkinter, wxPython, PyQt) but I can't make a decision between them to invest my time learn one and not the other. My criteria:

Has a introduction for programmers for GUI (what are the differences from a script, examples of some simple interfaces)
    A framework that would allow me to run my programs on the platforms I use most (Windows) but that can also run on Mac and maybe Linux, without too much modification.
    Very shallow learning curve (easy to make first interfaces) but flexibility later on to customize the interface beyond what the typical OS allows (different colors, size and shapes of buttons, for example)
    If not the same, similar to how you program GUI for Android and/or Nokia smartphones. I'm planning to write some programs for these platforms in the near future so I would like to carry over some of the lessons here onto those platforms, if possible.

I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2013, 09:05:26 am »

Python provides various options for developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs). Most important are listed below:

Tkinter: Tkinter is the Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. We would look this option in this tutorial.

wxPython: This is an open-source Python interface for wxWindows http://wxpython.org.

JPython: JPython is a Python port for Java which gives Python scripts seamless access to Java class libraries on the local machine http://www.jython.org.

Total Zero
30 credits

« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2013, 01:08:13 am »

I am new in this sector.I want to learn python.But I have know idea about python .I am looking someone who has enough experience about it.If anybody is able to do it.Please help me... https://www.cubancigarexpert.com
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2013, 10:19:50 am by havanacigar »
Trackback URI for this entry : http://www.webdigity.com/trackback.php?topic=17219
Bookmark this thread : Digg Del.icio.us Dzone more....

Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online
Pages: [1] Print 
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  Graphics & Multimedia (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: how to learn python as graphical interface?
« previous next »
Jump to:
User Area
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Jul 25, 2014, 01:18:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Web Design Gallery · Whois Lookup · Pagerank · Tag Browsing · Lo-fi version · Syndication · Webmaster forum history · Advertise
Developed by HumanWorks © 2005 - 2014 Webdigity webmaster community · sublime directory
Webdigity Webmaster Forums | Powered by SMF 1.0.12. © 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.