2, September 2014

What should be discussed with the client before creating a website for them? - webmaster forum

Webdigity webmaster forums
[ Home | Help | Search | Forum's Shop | Archive | Login | Register | Webmaster Directory ]
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  General webmaster discussions (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: What should be discussed with the client before creating a website for them?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online

Author Topic: What should be discussed with the client before creating a website for them?  (Read 1445 times)
I crack Photoshop!
30 credits
Members referred : 0

« on: May 09, 2013, 04:49:02 am »

I may want to start my own company making websites for individuals and businesses in the near future. I'm trying to familiarize myself with the steps to take when dealing with a client who wants a website, particularly the beginning conversation and series of questions. For example: let's say I own a company and a client calls up and says "Hi I need a website made for my business." What's next?

So far I've got asking questions about their:

-Budget
-Deadline
-What they want the purpose of their website to be
-Target audience
-If they need a store implemented in their site
-If they have a logo
-If they have any pictures / graphics to add
-If they will provide the writing

Are these all good questions? Please tell me what other questions I'm missing.

My next question is after I've gotten the main information I need, what is the next step? Should I make multiple designs/themes and have them pick their favorite or should I just stick with one?
Where are my glasses?
138 credits

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 04:52:05 pm »

Here are a few questions I would be asking additionally to those you have provided already.

What functions do you want to have on your website?
How will the site be hosted?
Whats your main aim and goals of the website?
How are you intending on achieving these ?
What is your business about?
Long term plans for the website?

You could delve into any of these questions and have another 3 underneath them. You need to have specific information about what consumers want.

Hope this was somewhat helpful
Just another rainy day
6 credits

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:26:55 pm »

Your article is very useful thank you much
So if I press Alt F4... What?
2010 credits

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2013, 02:25:41 pm »

Thanks malcommarshal for adding up, I find this thread helpful esp. those who wanted to start a website.

Sandwich Artist
154 credits

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2013, 03:00:34 pm »

yeah questions are perfectly regarding to the customers web site creating.
besides this  you can ask the purpose of the site. the functonality about the site that what is it for? or you may ask about them the making or modifying requirement of them also you ask question about to future manipulating in it. you can also offer them the SEO of site to increase the ranking of site.
what are the purpose or aim of their business through this site and same like that questions.
I wish I was an Oscar winner
570 credits

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2013, 11:06:49 am »

I think according to their budget or your company facility, you will have to provide two options for website design by creating just first page or home page. So then after you have to worry about color combination. Because color is the base for any website development.
Google dot what?
12 credits

http://digitalpoin8.com

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2013, 08:36:02 am »

This a great post. very informative. it has better understanding. A lot of good answars in replies. A lot more then thanks for spending time time it and making it useful for others. grate information. thanks again.
Forum's Grocer
490 credits

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2013, 11:23:14 am »

Your article is very good and you have highlighted all valid points for any website design project.
WebDigity Gangsta
676 credits

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:05:23 am »

yeah questions are perfectly regarding to the customers web site creating.
Trackback URI for this entry : http://www.webdigity.com/trackback.php?topic=17238
Bookmark this thread : Digg Del.icio.us Dzone more....

Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online
Pages: [1] Print 
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  General webmaster discussions (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: What should be discussed with the client before creating a website for them?
« previous next »
Jump to:
User Area
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sep 02, 2014, 06:17:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Forum Statistics
Total Posts: 80.150
Total Topics: 14.136
Total Members: 29.775
Tutorials : 58
Resources : 929
Designs : 395
Latest Member: ranger25

328 Guests, 2 Users online :

17 users online today:

Web Design Gallery · Whois Lookup · Pagerank · Tag Browsing · Lo-fi version · Syndication · Webmaster forum history · Advertise
Developed by HumanWorks © 2005 - 2014 Webdigity webmaster community · sublime directory
Webdigity Webmaster Forums | Powered by SMF 1.0.12. © 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.