23, October 2014

Transferring domain name from Network Solutions to GoDaddy-What happens to email - webmaster forum

Webdigity webmaster forums
[ Home | Help | Search | Forum's Shop | Archive | Login | Register | Webmaster Directory ]
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Web hosting talk  >  Domain names
Topic: Transferring domain name from Network Solutions to GoDaddy-What happens to email
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online

Author Topic: Transferring domain name from Network Solutions to GoDaddy-What happens to email  (Read 2166 times)
I crack Photoshop!
30 credits
Members referred : 0

« on: May 11, 2013, 02:45:25 am »

I remade a website for a friend on GoDaddy (newdomain.com). His old website is on Network Solutions (olddomain.com). I want to transfer the domain from Network Solutions to Go Daddy so that when users go to olddomain.com it shows the new website I made. I've never transferred a domain name before, so I have some concerns before I do.

His entire company uses theirname@olddomain.com as their emails. I don't want anything to happen to their emails when I transfer and I still want them to be intact. When I sign on to the Network Solutions account and click on the olddomain, it says:

OldDomain currently points to:

Domain Name Server (DNS) ( Edit )
DNS1.NETTICA.COM
DNS2.NETTICA.COM
DNS3.NETTICA.COM
DNS4.NETTICA.COM
DNS5.NETTICA.COM

So is this a third party in which the domain name olddomain.com is hosted on? When I asked a guy on the phone he said the emails are hosted on Nettica as well. The whole thing just confuses me. If someone can clear this up I would greatly appreciate it.
Supreme Overlord
1000 credits
Members referred : 0

« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2013, 09:40:35 pm »

don't have any idea ... also need some information regarding this... anyone can help us ?
Trackback URI for this entry : http://www.webdigity.com/trackback.php?topic=17248
Bookmark this thread : Digg Del.icio.us Dzone more....

Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online
Pages: [1] Print 
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Web hosting talk  >  Domain names
Topic: Transferring domain name from Network Solutions to GoDaddy-What happens to email
« previous next »
Jump to:
User Area
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Oct 23, 2014, 04:25:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Web Design Gallery · Whois Lookup · Pagerank · Tag Browsing · Lo-fi version · Syndication · Webmaster forum history · Advertise
Developed by HumanWorks © 2005 - 2014 Webdigity webmaster community · sublime directory
Webdigity Webmaster Forums | Powered by SMF 1.0.12. © 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.