20, April 2014

A job search advice needed. - webmaster forum

Webdigity webmaster forums
[ Home | Help | Search | Forum's Shop | Archive | Login | Register | Webmaster Directory ]
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  General webmaster discussions (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: A job search advice needed.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online

Author Topic: A job search advice needed.  (Read 918 times)
Bill Cosby is my Father
32 credits
Members referred : 0

« on: Jun 27, 2013, 12:16:55 pm »

Hi everybody!
Apologies for a potentially stupid question but could anybody please give me some pointers on how to get a remote job that would mostly involve HTML and CSS coding (like PSD to HTML or something).  Don?t need anything fancy, just a little something to support myself while beefing up my skills. Hope I am not too far off topic.
Thanks!
Fashion Guru
740 credits

« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2013, 12:58:58 am »

I don't think a company would give a stranger a remote job unless that person has an EXCELLENT reputation. Normally, a company would hire you, have you work in the office for a while (until they can assess your skills, work habits, maturity level, etc.) and, if they decide you can be trusted to manage yourself out of the office, then let you work remotely.

The only other option I can think of is to do freelance work. There are many freelance sites on the Internet, for example, odesk, elance, staff, hiretheworld, freelancer, vworker, and many others. Basically, you would sign up for an account, and then submit bids for small jobs that people are looking to get done. If your bid wins the piece-work, you do the work and then the site manager makes sure the buyer transmits the payment to you.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that you would be bidding for jobs against people from all over the world. There are many skilled people living in poor countries so they can drive the bids pretty low. On the other hand, if you are skilled and can do a few jobs per month, it can be a good source of extra cash.
So if I press Alt F4... What?
2010 credits

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2013, 02:05:56 pm »

Have you tried freelancers websites so far?

Nikolas' Servant's Servant
198 credits

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2013, 04:19:21 am »

You can try searching online, there are so many websites that caters for this kind of skills, just Google it. I hope that it helps.
Bill Cosby is my Father
32 credits

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2013, 02:50:50 pm »

Have you tried freelancers websites so far?
I certainly have. But trying to get something out of those freelance sites it's like digging a bottomless pit. The only people who actually earn money are the once who run them...
Bill Cosby is my Father
32 credits

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »

Quote from: fabulous
You can try searching online, there are so many websites that caters for this kind of skills, just Google it. I hope that it helps.
Thanks.
Atari ST fan
54 credits

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2013, 11:41:41 pm »

you can try odesk.com
I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2013, 12:28:35 pm »

Looking for a job is matter of attitude. Assume a positive attitude. Remember, as a student or graduate you are now looking for the job you want. People who have already decided they do not have a chance, are not likely to succeed. Rate the following statements "True" or "False", taking note of those that rated false, determining what you might do to improve.

I am pleased with my self-image.
    I have fulfilled some of my personal goals.
    I consciously work toward achieving my goals.
    I know what obstacles may stand between me and my goals and have devised a plan to get around them.
    I have a long-range career objective.
    I am confident the career program I have now is helping me reach that objective.
    I am continually developing my technical skills.
    I am continually developing my social skills.
    My career plan is flexible enough that I am free to alter it if I so desire.
    I have an up-to-date resume prepared.
    I seek advice and guidance of others to get an objective view on my career.
    I thoroughly prepare before job interviews, so I know as much as possible about the company and position I am applying to.
    I prepare questions to ask at an interview.
    I do my best to look neat and act courteous at an interview.
    I treat all my co-workers/students with fairness, honesty and respect.

Atari ST fan
60 credits

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2013, 05:15:11 pm »

You have to post on your CV's projects you have done, even simple ones like parsers, examples of a website etc. Its best if you put lines of code on your biggest project. I got a job like this in 2 weeks.

Been looking for a job for 6 months before that, without result. Posting my projects i did in spare time in C++/Java Got me 2 final interviews, and I could choose between companies I wanted to join! AMAZING :-) Do that, you will thank me later.
Fashion Guru
880 credits

« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2013, 09:23:11 am »

Hey there, You can always try out your technical skills at sites like ODESK AND FREELANCER. They pretty much appreciate your skills where you will find clients offering jobs relating to your skills. You can also grow your portfolio and make some handful of $$$
Trackback URI for this entry : http://www.webdigity.com/trackback.php?topic=17654
Tags : Job Search html css Bookmark this thread : Digg Del.icio.us Dzone more....

Pages: [1] Print 
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  General webmaster discussions (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: A job search advice needed.
« previous next »
Jump to:
User Area
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Apr 20, 2014, 06:24:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Forum Statistics
Total Posts: 77.976
Total Topics: 13.651
Total Members: 28.717
Tutorials : 58
Resources : 929
Designs : 395
Latest Member: ahmedzahir

308 Guests, 2 Users online :

6 users online today:

Web Design Gallery · Whois Lookup · Pagerank · Tag Browsing · Lo-fi version · Syndication · Webmaster forum history · Advertise
Developed by HumanWorks © 2005 - 2014 Webdigity webmaster community · sublime directory
Webdigity Webmaster Forums | Powered by SMF 1.0.12. © 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.