22, October 2014

Why my site cannot run on IE? - webmaster forum

Webdigity webmaster forums
[ Home | Help | Search | Forum's Shop | Archive | Login | Register | Webmaster Directory ]
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  Web Page Design (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: Why my site cannot run on IE?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online

Author Topic: Why my site cannot run on IE?  (Read 1414 times)
I crack Photoshop!
22 credits
Members referred : 0

« on: Jul 12, 2013, 09:59:22 am »

I have a new website psdtosite.net/service/psd-to-email . It can run on other browsers but it cannot run on IE? I try to fix it but until now there is no results.Can you help me?
Where are my glasses?
148 credits

« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2013, 10:22:15 am »

google it you find the solution
I crack Photoshop!
22 credits

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2013, 05:22:32 am »

I need a help. I cannot fix this error
World Wide Whale
1042 credits

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2013, 10:58:05 am »

Which version of IE are you using?
I crack Photoshop!
22 credits

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2013, 03:05:07 am »

I am using IE 8
I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2013, 09:38:27 am »

Hi...Internet Explorer  cannot display webpage"

We have also rolled out some old XP SP3 machines from inventory, with IE7 and IE8 installed and IE on them works fine.  Nothing on the network has changed.

Every version of Firefox and Google Chrome work fine with NO customization and continue to work.  We have had to push out Firefox as a replacement for IE9, but I'm trying to understand why IE9 continues to have this problem fresh out of the box.

Here is what IE9 displays when accessing our Intranet site:

Here is the same site in Firefox:

I'm not even going to bother displaying Chrome, but you get my point.

I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2013, 08:53:37 am »

Please see attached images, as post had to be trimmed due to images:

We are deploying a large amount of Windows 7-64bit machines through out or company.  Every new installation we have rolled out has IE9 installed.  IE9 fails constantly with"

"Internet Explorer  cannot display webpage"

We have also rolled out some old XP SP3 machines from inventory, with IE7 and IE8 installed and IE on them works fine.  Nothing on the network has changed.

Every version of Firefox and Google Chrome work fine with NO customization and continue to work.  We have had to push out Firefox as a replacement for IE9, but I'm trying to understand why IE9 continues to have this problem fresh out of the box.

Here is what IE9 displays when accessing our Intranet site:

Here is the same site in Firefox:

I'm not even going to bother displaying Chrome, but you get my point.

I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2013, 08:34:07 am »

After installation of nginx webserver, i run my website in firefox. It works good in firefox, i can see my website template is looks good, but in internet explorer it is not working properly, i can't see my webpage has text and images and every content in bad style. Like images are not loading, may be css is not working. Please help me to sort out this problem.

I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »

Some websites might appear blank or might not display correctly in Internet Explorer. For example, portions of a webpage might be missing, or colors and text might be incorrect. Some pages might not display at all. If a portion of a page is blank or doesn't display correctly, try one or more of these options:

Turn on Compatibility View. You can only turn on Compatibility View when using Internet Explorer for the desktop. Learn how by reading Use Compatibility View.

Turn off Tracking Protection for the site you're on. Learn how by reading Use Tracking Protection.

Turn off hardware acceleration. To turn off hardware acceleration, open Internet Explorer for the desktop, tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Internet Options. Tap or click the Advanced tab, select Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering, and then tap or click OK. You must close and reopen Internet Explorer for changes to take effect.

I am a fanatic. So?
3572 credits

« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2013, 11:00:12 am »

I have been having this issue for years and I found the final solution just yesterday! So I thought I would post it here and hopefully help out thousands of other people like me.

Before I explain the solution let me describe the problem in detail. For some unknown reason, I have always had this problem on my main computer with Internet Explorer 9: whenever I want to run it, a blank window appears for 0.1 second then closes instantly, without any error message or anything. The solutions I describe are valid for Internet Explorer 7 (IE7), Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). I am running Windows 7 but the solutions also work for Windows Vista and Windows XP.

There are three solutions here, among which two are the official solutions proposed by Microsoft. Let me tell you right off - Microsoft's solutions had no effect, so you might want to skip to the last one immediately.

Solution 1: deleting all IE settings so as to remove potentially blocking add-ons
    Solution 2: uninstalling and reinstalling IE completely
    Solution 3: running a script that cleans your registry and re-registers missing DLLs

Fashion Guru
814 credits

« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »

IE8 is very old version which do not support some latest tags in HTML and CSS, so you need to upgrade your browser to latest version or make your website with older technologies that may not give desired look and feel.
Trackback URI for this entry : http://www.webdigity.com/trackback.php?topic=17733
Bookmark this thread : Digg Del.icio.us Dzone more....

Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online
Pages: [1] Print 
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Design and Layout  >  Web Page Design (Moderator: Meth0d)
Topic: Why my site cannot run on IE?
« previous next »
Jump to:
User Area
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Oct 22, 2014, 01:59:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Web Design Gallery · Whois Lookup · Pagerank · Tag Browsing · Lo-fi version · Syndication · Webmaster forum history · Advertise
Developed by HumanWorks © 2005 - 2014 Webdigity webmaster community · sublime directory
Webdigity Webmaster Forums | Powered by SMF 1.0.12. © 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.