22, July 2014

Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify... - webmaster forum

Webdigity webmaster forums
[ Home | Help | Search | Forum's Shop | Archive | Login | Register | Webmaster Directory ]
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Web Development  >  PhP
Topic: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online

Author Topic: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify...  (Read 6757 times)
I love Pokemon
96 credits
Members referred : 0

« on: Aug 14, 2006, 01:46:12 pm »

Hi

I'he again.

Ireceived the following message:
Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\web\classes\access_user\access_user_class.php on line 391

I did changed the SMTP at php.ini localhost to mail.telepac.pt but still the same message.

Relating to smtp_port how to I know if the 25 is the right value?

Email
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2006, 01:51:34 pm »

I think this smtp host doesn't allow mail relaying, try a different smtp or install a local mailserver.

This is a heavy php problem, I will never move from DSL provider since I know that this could be a problem with other providers

[offtopic] please post only related topics to the access_user forum
I love Pokemon
96 credits

« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2006, 08:01:32 pm »

I think this smtp host doesn't allow mail relaying, try a different smtp or install a local mailserver.

This is a heavy php problem, I will never move from DSL provider since I know that this could be a problem with other providers

[offtopic] please post only related topics to the access_user forum

I installed Argo Mail Server Freeware 1.8.8.8, Aug 14 2006 and filling up the e-mail field on the page "Please Register" register.php, I wrote my normal mail address.
Because it gave me the following message I do not know what address has to be used.

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 551 User not local. We don't relay in C:\web\classes\access_user\access_user_class.php on line 391

Can somebody explain me why?
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2006, 10:28:25 pm by josil »

Email
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2006, 11:02:02 pm »

What you're trying is hard stuff, there are a lot of cheap hosting companies (if you don't have a hosting yet) learn walking with PHP without this kind of problems and test you PHP applications on a standard linux web host...
I love Pokemon
96 credits

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2006, 01:10:56 am »

What you're trying is hard stuff, there are a lot of cheap hosting companies (if you don't have a hosting yet) learn walking with PHP without this kind of problems and test you PHP applications on a standard linux web host...

I already made a website project, with a single user with password entry and i'm be doing all at localhost.
Do you think that will be dificult to change the one user access for the multiple user access?

No doughts that I have a lot to learn but I was thinking that I could do it.

Just need same help now and then and a few guide lines.

Email
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2006, 08:09:29 am »

I already made a website project, with a single user with password entry and i'm be doing all at localhost.
Do you think that will be dificult to change the one user access for the multiple user access?

No doughts that I have a lot to learn but I was thinking that I could do it.

Just need same help now and then and a few guide lines.

I think you like to learn PHP coding first, setting up a more advanced php enabled localhost will come later.

Or you try to setup everything with mysql, apache, php in the beginning and after month you think "What is PHP difficult" and maybe you stop using php before you have learned to write php code... it's just an advice
I am a metal monkey!
Administrator
Community Supporter ?
Jedai Sword Master
46647 credits
Members referred : 3

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2006, 10:08:31 am »

I agree with Olaf. Stick with the basics, and then you will be able to do the rest.

Personally I use php for more than 5 years, and even now my development pc has not all the capabillities of the production server, and some times I have to code directly to the server.

My point is that you don't have to have the perfect server environment to work.

Trial and Error my two best teachers Cool
Join us @ facebook or twitter

Last blog : Butterfly Marketing 2.0

Email
« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2006, 10:16:32 am »

Personally I use php for more than 5 years, and even now my development pc has not all the capabillities of the production server...

lol...

But Nick brings it to the point, it's good to test smaller thing locally (for example writing php functions) but the whole application have to work on a production server.

I'm honest, If my own DSL provider makes changes in the smtp configuration with the result that I can't use the local mail function anymore I will test them online tool.

By the way the most editors are able to ftp publish the code "on save"
I am a metal monkey!
Administrator
Community Supporter ?
Jedai Sword Master
46647 credits
Members referred : 3

« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2006, 10:21:54 am »

Or you can use a more sofisticated tool like smart publisher, which is open source, and can syncrhronize the changes to the files and the databases. Smiley

BTW josil you can also try to use XAMPP from apache friends which is a php server environment very easy to use, and have almost anything you will ever want Smiley

Trial and Error my two best teachers Cool
Join us @ facebook or twitter

Last blog : Butterfly Marketing 2.0

Email
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2006, 11:06:39 am »

BTW josil you can also try to use XAMPP from apache friends Visit through proxy which is a php server environment very easy to use, and have almost anything you will ever want Smiley

if mercury mail don't need an extra setup, then is this the solution (good friends this apache friends Wink)
Trackback URI for this entry : http://www.webdigity.com/trackback.php?topic=3668
Bookmark this thread : Digg Del.icio.us Dzone more....

Instabuck - The easy way to sell digital products online
Pages: [1] Print 
Webdigity Webmaster Forums  >  Web Development  >  PhP
Topic: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify...
« previous next »
Jump to:
User Area
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Jul 22, 2014, 09:19:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Donate to our community, and get a permanent link back to your site!

Web Design Gallery · Whois Lookup · Pagerank · Tag Browsing · Lo-fi version · Syndication · Webmaster forum history · Advertise
Developed by HumanWorks © 2005 - 2014 Webdigity webmaster community · sublime directory
Webdigity Webmaster Forums | Powered by SMF 1.0.12. © 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.